- Ranqx is a subscription-based service provided at ranqx.com (“Ranqx”).
- Account Owner means a person or organisation who registers to use Ranqx or the bill payer or credit card holder responsible for paying for Ranqx;
- Business means a person or organisation:
- who is an Account Owner so that it, and its invited users, can upload performance data about itself or seek Feedback about itself; or
- about whom a Partner has uploaded performance data;
- Customer means a customer of a Business, who provides feedback about the Business and its performance;
- Partners means partners or advisers (such as, but not limited to, banks, accountants, franchisors or industry bodies) who use Ranqx to upload, access and analyse industry data and/or Business-specific data; and
- user means any person visiting or using Ranqx (including Account Owners, Businesses, Customers and Partners), including any organisation on whose behalf that person visits or accesses Ranqx.
3. What information we collect
- We collect personal information about you when you create an account and when you access and use Ranqx. In particular, we may collect:
- your company/personal name;
- your contact details;
- payment related information;
- your location;
- information you provide about yourself when using Ranqx (for example, when submitting feedback about a company);
- information about how Ranqx is used (for example, traffic volumes, time spent on pages);
- your IP address and/or other device identifying data; and
- other information required to provide a service you requested.
- For Businesses, other Ranqx users may also provide information about you. For example, Partners may submit financial or other information about your business to Ranqx.
- You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you or your authorised Partners with certain services or functionality.
- You can stop the collection of your personal information by cancelling your Ranqx account, or by ceasing to use our services. If you are a Business that has authorised a Partner to submit financial or other information about you to Ranqx, you will also need to request the Partner to cease submitting that information.
- We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time, unless you remove it. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your internet browser’s help file.
- From time to time we may test new features and make subtle changes to the way Ranqx is presented. When we are testing new features cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience while using Ranqx, whilst also ensuring we understand which changes our users appreciate the most.
- Google Analytics cookies may track things such as how long you spend on Ranqx and the pages that you visit. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
5. What we do with the information we collect:
- We will use the personal information we collect, and may disclose such personal information to other organisations (such as other companies within our group and organizations that provide services to us) to:
- provide the Ranqx service;
- identify you when you sign in to your account and to verify that your account is not being used by others;
- carry out research and analysis so we can better understand and serve you;
- carry out research and analysis on an anonymised basis;
- tailor content, advertisements or links to you;
- gather broad anonymous demographic data (such as the number of visitors from a geographic area);
- communicate with you in relation to Ranqx and any other services we provide from time to time, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by email for this purpose);
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim;
- where you’ve given your consent, contact you for further information in relation to feedback you’ve given using Ranqx or share your information with Businesses about whom you’ve given feedback so they can contact you;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments and subscriptions you make through Ranqx;
- co-operate with any government, industry or regulatory authorities as authorised or required under applicable privacy or other laws; and
- for any other purpose authorised by you or applicable laws.
- Customer feedback will always remain anonymous (unless you request Ranqx to provide your name and other details to another person). We will remove any identifying information before aggregating data and providing anonymised benchmarking business information to you and to Businesses.
- We may sell data that we collect in an aggregated format. This data will not identify you personally. We may share and sell anonymous aggregated data with third parties, including service providers, our affiliates, agents and current and prospective business partners.
6. Storage and security of information
- You should be aware that information transmitted over the internet is inherently insecure. We will take all reasonable steps to securely store any personal information collected through Ranqx. This information may (for the avoidance of doubt) be transferred and stored on servers anywhere worldwide.
- Any personal information sent through Ranqx is passed through a secure server using encryption technology. All personal information stored by us is protected through secure passwords, user log-ons and other security procedures.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information we hold. However, we will not be held responsible for any unauthorised access to your personal information.
- You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on Ranqx. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security.
7. Retention of your personal information
- We will only hold a Customer’s personal information for three months from the date on which feedback about a Business was provided.
- We will only hold a Business’ personal information for as long as is permitted by applicable privacy and data protection law.
- Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in applicable privacy law, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
- In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
- If you want to exercise either of the above rights, contact us using the details below. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
- We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
8. Other sites
10. Contact us